notify is not working

notify is not working

is it possible to notify a webblock from webscreen? If so why i am not able to notify to webblock from web screen?

Hi Lovish

No. The standard procedure is to have inputs in the web block and when you want to tell him something, you change the values of the inputs (use variables) and refresh the web block (that will be reconstruct using the new values).

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Lovish

No. The standard procedure is to have inputs in the web block and when you want to tell him something, you change the values of the inputs (use variables) and refresh the web block (that will be reconstruct using the new values).

Cheers

i want to notify from pop-up screen . I have set a link in web block to open a popup and i want to notify from that pop-up. what should i do?

Hello Lovish,

I am not sure I completely understood your use case but I hope the following information will help you.

Use the Argument From Popup_Editor_Notify Server Action to send variables/data (as Text) from your Popup.

Check the documentation for more examples with Popups.

And here is the documentation page on how to communicate between Blocks. Like Eduardo mentioned use Input Parameters to send information into a Block.

Summarizing: 

1. Send the information by using the Argument from the Popup through Popup_Editor_Notify Action.

2. Assign/Create an Action to handle the On Notify of the Popup_Editor Rich Widget

3. In the Action assigned to the On Notify assign the information to the Input Parameter of the Block.

So, Lovish,

What you want is different from what you first asked.
Do as João has shown.

What you need is to set the OnNotify, in the Popup Editor IN the web block to a Screen Action in the web block.
And from Popup, you Popup_Editor_Notify when you want to pass a message from the popup do the web block.

The assign Screen Action in the Web Block will be executed at this moment.

It is the same as if you did this directly from a Web Screen.

Cheers