Deploying Groups between environments (Dev-Test-Prod)

Deploying Groups between environments (Dev-Test-Prod)

Hi!

I'm wondering if it is possible to move groups between environments (like we deploy modules between environments).

In my project we use groups to keep track of roles but every time we put a role in a group on dev I have to go through our environments and manually put it in the same group on test and prod. 

With best regards,

Íris

Hi Íris,

That type of functionality is not available by default. You can implement it either by Excel import/export or with REST services exposed in all environments. With the second option you can build a management tool that runs in one of the environments and connects to the others to read/write group and user info.

Best regards,

Tiago.

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Hi Íris,

That type of functionality is not available by default. You can implement it either by Excel import/export or with REST services exposed in all environments. With the second option you can build a management tool that runs in one of the environments and connects to the others to read/write group and user info.

Best regards,

Tiago.

Hi

Can you tell me how can i import (using Excel) groups from test environment to production environment?

Regards

Tom

Hi Tom,

You'd need to do it programatically, by building a backoffice application where you'd upload an Excel file and based on its contents you'd create the necessary Group records (the Group entity can be referenced from (System)) and add Roles to them.

There's a nice explanation by Eduardo here on the main entities involved.