Loading excel values with cells starting with 0

Loading excel values with cells starting with 0

Hi All, I am running into a problem and I am not sure of the cause.

I am loading an excel file that has 2 entity attributes which start with zeros for example bank accounts and sort codes for example:
Account Number: 00004444
Sort Code: 020202

Note: I know this also happens with phone numbers but those have a specific basic data type.

When I load these onto my Outsystems entity attributes (set as data type text as per above) the '0' disappears. 

I can go and edit the value and add '0' and save and it will work, but when loaded from excel it does not work.

Note2: I previously had these entities attributes set as integers but then changed it to text and updated the fields and I get no warnings etc. So I assume the SQL database also sees these attributes as text and not integers!
Note 3: I tested in another text field that has always remained a text field and it works fine see below:

Note4: In the excel file these cells are defined as text category

Help? How can I fully ensure that when I load this data from excel the '0' are included?
Ultimately I can create brand new entities attributes and delete the old ones but was hoping for something less tragic.

Thanks

Solution

Hello Andre.

It seems, to me, that you forgot to update the STRUCTURE that is used to fetch data from the excel. Ther eit should be still as NUMBER and thus it is removing lead zeros and later on they are just being converted to text without the zeros...

Cheers

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Andre.

It seems, to me, that you forgot to update the STRUCTURE that is used to fetch data from the excel. Ther eit should be still as NUMBER and thus it is removing lead zeros and later on they are just being converted to text without the zeros...

Cheers

Boom! forgot to update the structure... Thanks