Active Directory, Roles, Permissions

Active Directory, Roles, Permissions

I have implemented AD-login but the problem I have is that I can't seem to find out how roles and permissions work.

For example, the developer AD group should all have full control over the Users espace. Accounting should have read/write permissions for an accounting application, etc.

I have given my AD user all the available roles l in the Users application, but I still don't have permissions to view  the Users application:

I have added myself to one of the groups that should be able to view the accounting application, but I don't have access to that either

What am I doing wrong?

Also: Is there a good way to import AD groups to Outsystems rather than having to manually create them and manually add users?
I took a look at the Active Directory module in the forge but it seemed dodgy to use something that isn't supported by outsystems. Also I couldn't find any good documentation on how to use it.

So there are two types of users associate with Outsystems.  There are the development users which it sounds like you might be working with? Those control who can work on applications in Service Studio. And then the Users class that actually has Users that you use in your applications

The role you need to access the Users page is UserManager (Users).  You can write an example application that just has a button that grants the current user the UserManager role and then use that to give your admin user that role and log into Users espace.

I also believe that there is usually a default admin account with Username: admin Password: admin.

Let me know if any of that works for you or if I didn't understand the question.

Jordan Welch wrote:

So there are two types of users associate with Outsystems.  There are the development users which it sounds like you might be working with? Those control who can work on applications in Service Studio. And then the Users class that actually has Users that you use in your applications

The role you need to access the Users page is UserManager (Users).  You can write an example application that just has a button that grants the current user the UserManager role and then use that to give your admin user that role and log into Users espace.

I also believe that there is usually a default admin account with Username: admin Password: admin.

Let me know if any of that works for you or if I didn't understand the question.

Hi Jordan!
I had done all of that but for some reason it wasn't working, but this morning it magically worked and I hadn't touched it since yesterday. I believe something with our server was updated during the night.

I still need to figure out how we can import/sync our AD users, groups, and roles to Outsystems since we have thousands of employees. I think I will create a separate thread for this.