How to pass the data from web screen to another web screen

How to pass the data from web screen to another web screen

Hi,

May we seek your help on how to pass data from web screen to another web screen. Thank you

Hi Sharizad Mohamad,

Help me to know little bit detailed, In which situation your request to send data from on screen to another screen.

regards,

Manikandan K

Hi Sharizad Mohamad,

You can use link to other destination property and you can pass the id from current page to another page and in destination page you can get the data with this id.

i think this help you. or if you have other scenario then please detail the problem. 

Sharizad Mohamad,

You need to have input parameter on the other screen and when you set the link navigate property you will be ask to send values in the defined input parametre.

See the attached oml.

Regards

-PJ-

Solution

Hi Reuben,

In general, you don't pass data between Web Screens, other than Identifiers and such. What is standard practice is passing Ids between Screens, then querying in the Preperation the data you need for that Screen.

Solution

Hi Sir Kilian,

Thank you for the information in passing id's between screens as best practice.

Hi Reuben,

You're most welcome. Happy coding!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Reuben,

In general, you don't pass data between Web Screens, other than Identifiers and such. What is standard practice is passing Ids between Screens, then querying in the Preperation the data you need for that Screen.

Hi Kilian, 

Can you please explain how i pass identifier from one screen to another and show the identify on the other screen as well as submit it to the DB.