Email SMTP/IMAP

can anyone suggest us to send/Receieve email using SMTP/IMAP in outystem

Hi Ganesh,

For sending e-mail, you need to configure the SMTP server in Service Center, via Administation / Email.

For receving e-mail, you could check the S22.Imap Forge Component.

Hi Ganesh,

- Go to service center

- Administration -> Email

- Here you need to add your SMTP server details.

Now go to application and add email screen

Now use that screen in some action to send mail

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

@Kilian sir,

Again you published while I was typing. :)

I'm fast as lightning :)

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

I'm fast as lightning :)

That's true :)

Ganesh,

Do you need any more assistance? If not, could you mark one of the answers above as Solution? Thanks.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi all,Thanks your response as i am implementing same way but yet to resolve my issue.Below is the screen shot to achieve email sending functionality.Please correct me where i made a mistake.

Creating timeraction in process flow and assign the schedule value as "00:00".

Step2:create an email in workflow and added in subject.

Step 3:create a action in logic tab with email input parameters and assign the mainflow email web page into Email properties .

step 4:Following email configuration is done in service center.

Ganesh,

Do you need any more assistance? If not, could you mark one of the answers above as Solution? Thanks.

Hi Ganesh,

Apart from the WakeWakeAction1 receiving parameters it doesn't have (but I assume this is not actually the case?), this is basically the way it should work. The timer can send e-mails like this.

However, I'd advise you to create a simple test Screen that directly sends the e-mail from a button press or the like, so you can test whether that works. If not, is there an error logged somewhere?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ganesh,

Apart from the WakeWakeAction1 receiving parameters it doesn't have (but I assume this is not actually the case?), this is basically the way it should work. The timer can send e-mails like this.

However, I'd advise you to create a simple test Screen that directly sends the e-mail from a button press or the like, so you can test whether that works. If not, is there an error logged somewhere?

Hi Kilian Hekhuis,

Thanks Kilian Hekhuis, Seems some firewall issue now able to send an email to gmail.

Now I am looking for how we can receive emails(multiple mails -gmail/outlook) using IMAP Protocol.

Hi Ganesh,

My first post above mentions a Forge component that you could use for receiving e-mail via IMAP.

Hi Ganesh,

I had the same issue after setting up everything via service center for a customer than i contacted Outsystems Support and they did something and mail start sending (for cloud enviorement).

For On premises environment check with your infrastructure team if something is blocking your enviorment\scheduler service to send emails out. You may need to allow the server's IP somewhere(may be exchange serever side).

Regards

-PJ-

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ganesh,

My first post above mentions a Forge component that you could use for receiving e-mail via IMAP.

Thanks Kilian Hekhuis

Hi Suraj Borade, please provide your views for the same

trying to fetch received mails from my gmail inbox using following details.could see ConnectionID value in connect action response using following details

Login:unable to see any output from Login action even while debugging i don't see any input/output seems skipped that action using following details.

Please suggest 

Hi Ganesh,

I haven't used the component myself. You're better of asking in the component's subforum.