Error closing the connection to the database

Error closing the connection to the database

Hi,

Yesterday one of our timers stopped due to an error executing a query. The query was not changed and was running normally during the day, until it stopped at the end of the day. Looking at windows event log, I found an error stating:

"Error closing the connection to the database: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable."

Is there any known reason for this? Could it be concurrent queries in the DB, too many connections or too much load?

Thanks
Hi Ricardo

If the Timer stopped due to an error, then, in the Service Center page of the Timer Logs you'll find the error that caused the timer to stop. Can you display it here?

The Event Viewer log will only show critical OutSystems errors, and usually not the timer exceptions. What is the source of the event viewer log with the error message you've posted?

Thanks

Cheers
Hello,

I have a similiar error. In the EventViewer i found this error: "Error closing the connection to the database: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable."

The source in Event Viewer is Outsystems Hub Server.

In the Service Center page of the Timer Logs i found this error:

"eSpace Name: eSpace_Name

Tenant Name: Tenant_Name

User Id: 0

Session Id:

Server: MyServer

Module Name: Scheduler
Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1:/eSpace_Name/timerhandler.asmx for Timer ProcessCogen. Request duration = 1204 secs. [Marked as 'not running'. Computed next run.]
Stack:
System.InvalidOperationException: Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.
The request failed with the error message: -- <html> <head>
<title>Request timed out.</title> <style>
body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;}
p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px}
H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red }
H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon }
pre {font-family:"Lucida Console";font-size: .9em}
.marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;}
.version {color: gray;}
.error {margin-bottom: 10px;}
.expandable { text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold; color:navy; cursor:hand; }
</style... <table width=100% bgcolor="#ffffcc"> <tr> <td>
<code>

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]
</code>
</td> </tr>
</table>

<hr width=100% size=1 color=silver>
Version Information:&nbsp;Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2407; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

</font>
</body> </html>
<!--
[HttpException]: Request timed out. --> --.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Scheduler.Scheduler.ExecuteJob(JobData job)"

Has someone knows what is happening and help me to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Gonçalo Marques
Hi Gonçalo

The "Error closing the connection to the database: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable." and the "Request timed out" errors, don't seam to be related.

Usually, the " "Error closing the connection to the database: This SqlTransaction has completed; it is no longer usable." error is a non-impacting error that can occur when trying to forcibly close a connection do the database by committing it's transaction, but the transaction has been already committed.

The "request timeout out" error is happening at 1204 seconds (~20 minutes). Please check the timer timeout and tried to increase it.

Thanks

Cheers