Lifetime and Service Center out of sinc

Lifetime and Service Center out of sinc

Hello, I am working on a enterprise environment. I want to use lifetime to deploy one application from DEV to Quality. However, I am getting stuck on one application only.

When I validate the deploy lifetime gives various errors about the application references not being compatible ... but I know that all the references are updated and compatible in both environments. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the datetime for each module in lifetime does not match the actual datetime of the last published version on service center. No matter what I do I cannot get the validation to work, so as an emergencency measure I downloaded the oap file and published it in Quality without trouble.

I am attaching a power point file with screen shots.

This only happens on one application in my environment. The other applications can be deployed as expected and does not have any date discrepencies. 

Any idea what the cause of this is and what should be done to fix this?

Thanks!

Vonnelize

Hi Vonnelize,

You should go to you Lifetime ServiceCenter environment and check if there are any errors in the log.

Please check following post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/32904/lifetime-synchronization-is-not-working/

Check if there are any Processes instances with error in Lifetime (applying the following filter):

Should return no rows.

In addition please force to run the following LifeTimeEngine timers:
- Sync_All
- Sync_EnvironmentsApplicationVersions

Please run the timers by this order, and only if and when the Sync_All finishes.

Could please let us know the outcome of the previous steps?

Hope it helps you.

Hello, thank you for the message. I followed the steps and this is what I discovered:

There are process instances on the Process Monitoring that is in suspended status. The list is not empty. What must be done to fix this?

I ran the timers in the order that you recommended, one after the other completed. Then I checked the lifetime deployment screens again - but the problem is still there.

The lifetime error log is spitting out a whole bunch of errors that does not make any sense to me.

I am attaching a file with screenshots of everything that I mentioed here.

I previously asked the server architect to bounce the DEV server, which he did, but that did not solve the problem. Should we bounce lifetime too?

Must I log a support call since this is an enterprise platform?

Solution

Hi Vonnelize,

I recommend to contact OutSystemsSupport.

I noticed that you already had that issue in the past (in your screenshotsPresentation2.pptx you have the 'public elements not found for eSpace with hash'...) 

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/31206/public-elements-not-found-for-espace-with-hash/

Could you please share what have been done to solve that issue in the past? You might also consider to re-open last case submitted to OutSystems Support.

My approach would be to terminate all the 'Active instances with errors', you can enter in the instance and then Suspend and finally terminate that instance via ServiceCenter (would be nice later to also terminate the suspended instances).

When instance with error is terminated, force to run the following LifeTimeEngine timers:
- Sync_All
- Sync_EnvironmentsApplicationVersions

Please run the timers by this order, and only if and when the Sync_All finishes.

Solution

Hello, at that time we were advised to upgrade to a newer OutSystems version. We have now scheduled an upgrade for end of May, so I will let you know if that solved this problem as soon as the upgrade was completed.

Thanks all for trying to help!