Not able to understand statement in outsystems document 10

Not able to understand statement in outsystems document 10

Hello all,

i am unable to understand the selected statements in outsystem10 document https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Reuse_and_Refactor/Code_Reusability_and_Modularity

can any one help me out.

Solution

Kiran,

The first one means that if you have a webblock A with a parameter that has an entity/structure from module B it cannot be exposed.

The second one is if an argument of Link widget, Button widget or consumed WebScreen is of datatype Binary data, a Record or a List data types, so if your webblock contains a link widget with an argument of type Record/Binary/List, it cannot be exposed.

I hope this explanation can make you understand it better.

Best Regards, 

Abílio Matos

Solution

Abilio Matos wrote:

Kiran,

The first one means that if you have a webblock A with a parameter that has an entity/structure from module B it cannot be exposed.

The second one is if an argument of Link widget, Button widget or consumed WebScreen is of datatype Binary data, a Record or a List data types, so if your webblock contains a link widget with an argument of type Record/Binary/List, it cannot be exposed.

I hope this explanation can make you understand it better.

Best Regards, 

Abílio Matos

this fine with web block But i am able to achieve First scenario with exposing action and able to expose Action In My scenario i have created first module which contains Movies Entity (Publicly Exposed) , second module that contains a Action having parameter type of movies entity now i am able to expose it publicly and also able to expose Action publicly in third module which contains action of second module.(the entity is also getting added in references in third module while selecting the Action). Then what is the scenario of first statement.