Status change will change password as well

Status change will change password as well

When I change user status from active to inactive, password still intact. But then I change user status from inactive back to active, password changed automatically.

Is this an expected behavior? At first I thought user status is only about ordinary column as other user's attributes like name, phone, email etc...or maybe not?

Eric Halim wrote:

When I change user status from active to inactive, password still intact. But then I change user status from inactive back to active, password changed automatically.

Is this an expected behavior? At first I thought user status is only about ordinary column as other user's attributes like name, phone, email etc...or maybe not?

Hi Eric,

I think is expected behaviour.

When you make the user status from active to inactive, means the user is not able to do anything that only check status, not password that why the password is intact.

Again when you make it active from inactive the existing user is behave like newly created user thats why password got changed automatically/Randomly.

Thanks

Dileep

If so where is the logic which do that? I'd like to see and explore on that.

Solution

Hi,

It does not seem logic to me.

So how are you making the user active again?

Solution

I have a screen that display user details and isactive in form of checkbox like this

Whenever I changed other details is fine but changing status active-inactive-active will make the user cannot login and apparently password has changed.

Yes this seems not expected behavior...I will double check again to make sure it is not bugs in the app

I believe this is not an expected behavior....It's a bug in app logic.

Thanks all.

Anyway how to edit older post? We cannot do that? I want to delete the image.