Table records in table records to get totals or manual build a loop?

Table records in table records to get totals or manual build a loop?

Hi community!

I have a beginners question i guess.

we're running Outsystems enterprise in the cloud ans use Silk UI

I created an aggregate with data somewhat like this (using a group by construction):

I would like to present this data with totals per group in a webscreen something like this:

And so forth...

The layout in this case is not important, it's all about how to achieve this.

I guess the ideal option would be to put a table record into another table record to always get the right amount of blocks on the screen and put the totals in there, but that seems be impossible (can't put a table record into a table record (i get the stop sign).

Is there a clever way to do this or do i need to build a for each loop per group level and build the screen step by step.

If this last option is the way to go then how do i get a flexible number of blocks in the screen to fill.

Hope someone knows a 4 click method though :)

TIA!

Willem

Hi Willem,

I would suggest to use List Records instead.

You are able to put a Web Block within the List Records. Subsequently, you can specify within that Web Block another List Records. I think it would be possible to obtain the desired output using that method.

Sam Rijkers wrote:

Hi Willem,

I would suggest to use List Records instead.

You are able to put a Web Block within the List Records. Subsequently, you can specify within that Web Block another List Records. I think it would be possible to obtain the desired output using that method.

Thanks for the quick reply, Sam!

My experience with list records is not sufficient to be able to know if this solves my issue, so I have a mission for the next few days... Thanks for your suggestion!

Greetings,

Willem

Solution

Hi Willem,

just adding to what Sam says, the solution he describes (placing a List Records inside a web block and using that web block in another List Records) works both for List Records and for Table Records.

Sam's suggestion to use a List Records and not a Table Records is related to the layout you pretend for your data, the way you use either of those widgets is similar.

Solution

Hi gents,

Bot your solutions helped me.

Thanks!

Willem