[ImageToolbox] Convert (scale) for *.tiff file

[ImageToolbox] Convert (scale) for *.tiff file

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 4 Jan by Breno Nico
7 votes
Published on 4 Jan by Breno Nico

Hi

I tried to scale the photo to thumbnail size, but not able to scale for *.tif photo. May I know does it support *.tiff file format?

Hi Hui Yew,

ImageToolbox uses the ImageMagick library. TIFF files should be fully supported. In what way are you "not able to scale" the TIFF image?

Hi Killian

The scaled tiff picture doesn't show up when I use it as image listing. However, jpg, png pictures are showing. 

This is my page that showing the uploaded images which jpg is showing, but tif not showing.

I wondering which part cause this problem. Do you have any idea?

HI Hui Yew,

I don't have any idea, but I would advise you to debug the application to see what is returned by the call to the scaling. Is there an error code returned?

If not, can you create a minimal eSpace that shows the problem, e.g. have two images, JPG and TIFF, scale them and put them on a page? That will make it easier to see what's going on.

Hi Killian

I guess it's the image widget problem, it seems only support format GIF, JPEG, PNG and SVG. Maybe that's why my image is not showing. 

I'm checking with OutSystems team, waiting their reply. I will update here once they reply.

thanks for your prompt reply. appreciated.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Reference/Web_Interfaces/Designing_Screens/Image_Widget

regards

Xiao Hui

Solution

Hi Hui Yew,

I would expect the Image Widget to generate an HTML img tag, but perhaps the browser itself doesn't support TIFF? Yup, a quick google seems to indicate that indeed, TIFF files are not supported by most browsers (safe for Safari).

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Hui Yew,

I would expect the Image Widget to generate an HTML img tag, but perhaps the browser itself doesn't support TIFF? Yup, a quick google seems to indicate that indeed, TIFF files are not supported by most browsers (safe for Safari).

Hi Kilian

Yes, you are right! Now I convert the tif image to jpg image (using ConvertImageType) after the scaling and this  solved my issue!

Thank you very much!

-Xiao Hui

Hi Xiao Hui,

Great to hear you got it working now! Happy coding :).