Sending Email to Gmail

Hi,

I tried sending email to my gmail account using outsystem but I keep getting this error (Image below).

I fixed this error by turning off the Allow Less secure apps of gmail, but what if the user doesn't turn it off is there any other way to send to a gmail account?

I already tried this https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/6626/tip-using-your-gmail-account-to-send-emails-from-the-community-edition/ and change port to: 587, 465, and 25.

ERROR MESSAGE

Solution

Hello Allan,

I send mails to gmail without any problem.

The problem is not the destinatary, is the "sender", so, the SMTP server you are using.
If you use a GMAIL SMTP server to send the mail, than you have to configure it properly, according to the link you already saw and, maybe, requiring extra configuration, like you did, to enable OutSystems to use it to send emails.

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Allan,

I send mails to gmail without any problem.

The problem is not the destinatary, is the "sender", so, the SMTP server you are using.
If you use a GMAIL SMTP server to send the mail, than you have to configure it properly, according to the link you already saw and, maybe, requiring extra configuration, like you did, to enable OutSystems to use it to send emails.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Can I see your configuration? just a picture will help.

Cheers.