change in a common field

change in a common field

consider three screens and it has 2 or 3 common fields, If I change anything in one screen it should reflect in other screens which has those fields and the source for those common fileds are same.

How can I implement this?

Tamil Mathi P wrote:

consider three screens and it has 2 or 3 common fields, If I change anything in one screen it should reflect in other screens which has those fields and the source for those common fileds are same.

Hi Tamil,

You Can you Web Block for achieve this scenario. create one web Block and add this 2-3 common filed in this web block and apply/use this web block in all three screen.

I think this work.

cv sharma wrote:

Tamil Mathi P wrote:

Hi Tamil,

You Can you Web Block for achieve this scenario. create one web Block and add this 2-3 common filed in this web block and apply/use this web block in all three screen.

I think this work.

Thank you.
This is not working. Is there any other way?

Hi Tamil,

Can you be more specific? What are you using those fields for? are they attributes of some Entity? filters in a listing? we're missing information in order to be able to help you...

I am having the field named city in two screens, source for the city is same entity for both the screens. If I change the city or input the city in one screen it should get updated in other screen also.

Solution

So you have a dropdown with a list of Cities in both screens, and you want the selected City to stick between screens?...

Either you use Session variables, and your Dropdown's Variable property needs to point to the same Session variable (and you need to submit on the first screen), or you store the selected city information on the database on submit of the first screen on fetch it on the second screen (and use it as the Variable for the Dropdown).

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

So you have a dropdown with a list of Cities in both screens, and you want the selected City to stick between screens?...

Either you use Session variables, and your Dropdown's Variable property needs to point to the same Session variable (and you need to submit on the first screen), or you store the selected city information on the database on submit of the first screen on fetch it on the second screen (and use it as the Variable for the Dropdown).

Its working. Thank You ...