[IdP] How to get response data which is coming from the service provider

[IdP] How to get response data which is coming from the service provider

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 16 May (11 days ago) by Telmo Martins
21 votes
Published on 16 May (11 days ago) by Telmo Martins

Hi i am doing the IDP integration with my application. There isprovider named Smart Pass, which i have to integrate. i am sending the SAMLrequest and authenticating from Service provider page and redirecting back tothe application with the user’s data.

But how can I receive that data which is coming from the provider:such as name, email, mobile, they are sending in response? Attaching a filewith the screenshot.

Hi,

If those fields are not in the response, the SSO providor has to add them on the response. After that you can do the respective mapping on IdP admin console: "SP Connector settings and Claims" tab, Claims section.

Regards

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi,

If those fields are not in the response, the SSO providor has to add them on the response. After that you can do the respective mapping on IdP admin console: "SP Connector settings and Claims" tab, Claims section.

Regards

Hi,

I am getting the response in IDP, i can see my response on the details page. As i am new to this platform, i want to know how can i get the response from IDP to my application. 

Hi,

You mean the saml xml message? What's your use case or which information you want?

There is no direct way to get, without some customization.

Regards.

I need the information showed in screenshot. It is saml message log details page.

Also i want to know how to send a parameter lang with the SAML request:

Also let me know how to do the customization?

Hi,

To add the lang parameter, after you call IdP_SSO_URL action, you add it to the output URL (text variable).

To get the value of a Claim there is a lot of valid options. For instance you can add it to a session variable, on SAML_Response_Process action after SAML_Process call, you have a list with the claims, iterate that list to get the property that you want (if that property is not mapped on "SP config & Claim" tab you will need to set the input parameter Debug_ReturnAllAttributes as true on SAML_Process call).

Then just expose that session var with an public action and that's it.

Regards.

Hi Telmo,

I added one hardcoded parameter  in the URL:  But it is not working.

2: I have added XMLMessage parameter to the session 

and i am getting the Raw data. like below: How will i get actual data from this raw data.

Hi,

For the lang parameter actually it must be before we redirect to IdP server and not the component. So it must be at the end of preparation of DoLogin screen before we redirect the user to that URL. Have in mind that the URL in that preparation is set in difference places according if the saml message is sent through http-post or http-redirect protocol.

Regarding the claim, you must iterate over SAML_Process.Data.SAML_Data.AttributeStatement to find out the value that you want.

Regards.