Compilation Error

Compilation Error

Hi everyone, 

I am a problem with publishing an application (A). Hope someone could point out what the problem might be. Grateful for any response!

Internal Error

Compilation Error.

ScreenServices.Reminder_MainFlow_CaseGet_Controller.cs(235,209): error CS0103: The name 'inParamCaseId' does not exist in the current context

ds_output.List = Reminder_MainFlow_CaseGet_ScreenModel.datasetGetRemindersByCaseId(heContext, datasetGetRemindersByCaseId_maxRecords, IterationMultiplicity.Multiple, out count, Functions.ssGetCase(heContext, inParamCaseId).ssENCase.ssCaseID);

State: Second stage compilation

Hi yh,

Please check your references and refresh everything. It seems the module you are trying to compile references another module that has had changes in the meantime.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi yh,

Please check your references and refresh everything. It seems the module you are trying to compile references another module that has had changes in the meantime.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your reply. I am new to Outsystems, do bear with me.
I've only got one module in the application, could you share with me what steps I would need to take?

Thanks!

Solution

Hi yh,

Does the module reference other modules (eSpace or extensions) at all? Anyway, I'd try to refresh the references anyway, just to make sure. Click the "Manage Dependencies" button:

The Manage Dependencies pop-up will open. Near the bottom, there's probably a "Refresh All" button:

Press it, then press "Ok". Try to publish again. I hope that works.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi yh,

Does the module reference other modules (eSpace or extensions) at all? Anyway, I'd try to refresh the references anyway, just to make sure. Click the "Manage Dependencies" button:

The Manage Dependencies pop-up will open. Near the bottom, there's probably a "Refresh All" button:

Press it, then press "Ok". Try to publish again. I hope that works.

Hi Kilian,

I toyed around the software, did a 'Check Old eSpace Versions to Delete', then refreshed the references and the app was successfully published. 

Thanks so much for your advice!

You're most welcome, glad I could be of help. Though these kind of errors shouldn't be happening (it would be nice if the Platform could warn you before it actually tried to compile inconsistent stuff), luckily they're often easy to resolve.