[Wish]_Dragging elements from the eSpace tree into the canvas

[Wish]_Dragging elements from the eSpace tree into the canvas

This wish was first posted in the starting topic of this forum. Please add your comments on this one instead.

a) eSpace elements should be "draggable" into a logic flow and generate nodes accordingly:
- Current action variable, session vars or site props => assign (or, with options, assign or audit node)
- Actions => action
- Entity => the following options would be shown (just like in Query Analyzer, when you drag a table into the editor canvas):
- Create Select ... query (simple query) ...
other query types could also be thought of, but SELECT is a must.
Left-mouse-button-drag could immediately create a SELECT and right-mouse-button-drag could display options of types of queries.
Driver: sometimes, when debugging, some auxilary simple queries need to be used. And sometimes Query Analyzer seems more appealing (in quickness to perform these operations) than SS!

b) eSpace elements should be "draggable" into a screen edition canvas and generate widgets accordingly:
- Current Screen variable, session vars or site props (non record or record lists) => expression
- Current Screen variable, session vars or site props (record) => edit record (or, with options, show or edit record)
- Current Screen variable, session vars or site props (record list) => table record (or, with options, show, edit, list or table record)
- Screen or user action => button (or, with options, link or button)
- Screen => link
- Entity or Structure => table record (or, with options, show, edit, list or table record)

Generically, left-mouse-button-drag could produce an immediate, default behaviour (maybe also configurable in SS menu) and right-mouse-button-drag could display available options.
Votes: 2

At least, allow drag and drop of user actions into the canvas from the right-side eSpace tree (and not only from the tree on the left).

Cheers,
Paulo Ramos
Good ideia. Votes = 3
This case is related, but slightly different.

The other day I had to change, inside an action, the relative order of two operations (A and B): instead of having x->A->B->y, I should have x->B->A->y. Note that A and B may be formed by several nodes.

I started thinking that it shouldn't be more difficult to do this than in traditional programming; I mean, you can still use Ctrl-X and Ctrl-C to move/copy nodes, but you still have to 'make room' for them in the action, and reassign some connectors (x->B instead of X->A, etc,etc).

So, my suggestion, is a right-click drag & drop operation for nodes; when released (above a connector), a menu context would popup with options "Move" and "Copy" - very similar as when you drag & drop files in windows explorer with the right mouse menu - you end up with options "Move here", "Copy here" and "Cancel".

Cheers,
Paulo Ramos

Hi,

Check out the Drag & Drop video on the "What's New in the Agile Platform 5.0" thread. Your wish has been granted!

yep i can confirm that and "paste as" is also very cool in 5.0