[AppLauncherPlugin] Skype video call android

[AppLauncherPlugin] Skype video call android

Forge Component
(5)
Published on 10 Aug by Eduardo Jauch
5 votes
Published on 10 Aug by Eduardo Jauch

Hi,

How do I integrate skype video call, I tried using skype:echo123?call&video=true but it only open the app skype chat work skype:echo123?chat

I'm following this link 

Regards,

Ron

Hi Ron,

I'm not able to check that right now, but could it be because & is a special character in HTML and you need to escape it? (try using & instead and see what happens)

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi Ron,

I'm not able to check that right now, but could it be because & is a special character in HTML and you need to escape it? (try using & instead and see what happens)

Hi Jorge

Thank you for the quick reply.

It's not working let me attached the .oml I also notice that it open Skype app within the application (see image below)

this is fine with android device but not with iOS devices.

Regards,

Ron

Hello Ron,

If you use a package name, the uri will be ignored. That's the reason why, in Android, you are opening skype, but only that.  Also, you don't need to set action, as the action VIEW will be used automatically and any other action will be ignored.

Regarding iOS, the support is highly limited, between other things because I don't have an iOS device to test it, and I'm not an iOS developer, and so, did not understood what you mean by open the other app "inside" it is not fine in iOS. Sorry.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

Appreciate your reply,

Do you have idea how I can integrate skype video call using your component?

The idea is to making a video call using a specific skypeId instead of just opening Skype.

Regards,

Ron

Hi Ron,

You can try to use only the uri, instead of adding the package name and action.
It will open using URI instead of action.

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Ron,

You can try to use only the uri, instead of adding the package name and action.
It will open using URI instead of action.

Cheers.

Hi Eduardo,

I tried it, still not working even tried what Jorge suggested

Regards,

Ron

Hi Ron,

I'll dig up this as soon as possible. 

But probably will be able to tell you something only for android.

Cheers.