Assigning Table Records To a MemberId (Dont hate me)

Assigning Table Records To a MemberId (Dont hate me)

Dont be frustrated with me guys. I've come a long ways on my project, however, one of the last major hurdles I have it assigning Training Records to a Employee Id. I know this should be easy and I know i've done something similar in the tutorials, but I just cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I have two Tables (Entities). Emps Table that stores employee information and an EmployeeTrainingTable that stores all the employee certifications, certifications completion dates and so on.

However, when I try to save EmployeeTraining records, it refuses to save to that employee's ID. It just keeps saying 0 in the EmpsId section whenever I save the records. It's saving what I input but it's not assigning it to the employee.

Hello

There are lots of reasons for this.

But fir sure you are NOT assign a valid value to this field.

So, could you show us the code, so we can point you were is the error?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello

There are lots of reasons for this.

But fir sure you are NOT assign a valid value to this field.

So, could you show us the code, so we can point you were is the error?

Cheers

Like this? Should i send you the whole program? I only downloaded the Module I was working on. The Database Module and the Core Module are seperate. 

Solution

The module wont open correctly due to missing dependencies, but by the looks of it you're not assigning it any values on your save action.

Not sure how you want the form to work, but it looks like you are sending as input a empID, so i'm guessing it will be that value you want on your EmployeeTraining record.

Try and use an assign on your save action where you give the empsid to the form record.

Let me give you the example we have in movies:

See set cinema? here's what on that assign

To sum it up, if the form can't get the values to insert from the widgets inside, you need to assign the vavlue to the record yourself. 

Hope it helps!

Solution

Lara Silva wrote:

The module wont open correctly due to missing dependencies, but by the looks of it you're not assigning it any values on your save action.

Not sure how you want the form to work, but it looks like you are sending as input a empID, so i'm guessing it will be that value you want on your EmployeeTraining record.

Try and use an assign on your save action where you give the empsid to the form record.

Let me give you the example we have in movies:

See set cinema? here's what on that assign

To sum it up, if the form can't get the values to insert from the widgets inside, you need to assign the vavlue to the record yourself. 

Hope it helps!

Thank you so much for your response! I forgot to send you the Module I was working on and sent the Module that wasn't updated yet. I was assigning to the wrong Form! I have a Form in each Accordion on this page and mistakenly had the wrong form label on another accordion! Thank you again so much for helping me and responding.