Import all users from AD to eSpace Users

Import all users from AD to eSpace Users

Hi guys,

How to import all users from Ad to eSpace Users?

Someone can help me?

thanks guys!

Hello Rui, why you need this?

When you setup the Users module to authenticate with AD, whenever a user is successfully authenticated, it will be replicated to Users automatically. In practice you do not need to import users to authenticate unless you have some specific reason, this is why of my question.

Hi Rui,

I agreed with Alexandre if there are no specific reason then at the time of authentication if user exists in AD and Database then simply you can login otherwise if user exists in AD and not in database then first we need to make the entry in database as per user role then do the login in this way you do not need to import users from AD.

Regards

-SK-

Hello Alex and Shashi, 

You said at the time of Authenticate, so this will be in the login logic for example. that means I've to use the AD Authentication module from forge or I clone the the system module ? 

could you guide with some steps or more specific details please, because I will need such a thing soon.

Thanks in Advance 

Cheers,

Mohamed AlMokadem

Hi Mohamed,

You need to write your own code to achieve it below are some example to how you can write the code to login into application using AD:

2. LDAPAuthenticate

3. CheckUserRole

Regards

-SK-

I have all users in AD but I don't have in Database, and I need users to do login in my application.

Hello Rui you need to access http://your-server/users/ so you need to setup users to authenticate using AD like bellow:

1 - After login, click the link as bellow:

2 - Select Active Directory:

3 - Specify the domain and enable Windows Ingrated Authentication if you want, so click the save button.

After doing these steps all your applications will authenticate trough Active Directory. By default the Users module will replicate the user to the Users table after successfully logging in, if you need to change the existing authentication logic, you will need to clone the Users module and implement your own logic. If you choose to customize the Users model you will need to configure this this option for each module you have created, to do this click the module name and after select property User provider module and choose your customized model like bellow:

Alexandre Costa wrote:

Hello Rui you need to access http://your-server/users/ so you need to setup users to authenticate using AD like bellow:

1 - After login, click the link as bellow:

2 - Select Active Directory:

3 - Specify the domain and enable Windows Ingrated Authentication if you want, so click the save button.

After doing these steps all your applications will authenticate trough Active Directory. By default the Users module will replicate the user to the Users table after successfully logging in, if you need to change the existing authentication logic, you will need to clone the Users module and implement your own logic. If you choose to customize the Users model you will need to configure this this option for each module you have created, to do this click the module name and after select property User provider module and choose your customized model like bellow:

Thanks Alexandre for your help, but my problem is that I can't do login with success.

This is very simple configuration, I use this everyday, I think if you can't login, verify your configuration, maybe the platform server is not able to reach the AD server.