Radio Button group selection to Entity Attribute

Radio Button group selection to Entity Attribute

Hi,

I am needing to get a 3 Radio button group selection to return it's value to an entity attribute.

I have created a 3 Radio button group in Web Block. Each button represents a separate value. (1, 2, 3)

The Web Block (Radio button group) has been inserted several times into a screen next to a form.

I have associated each Web Block to an entity attribute. The (1, 2, 3) button in each Web Block is being set according to the value in the entity attribute. 

How, when a different button is selected in the Web Block , do I get that value returned and stored in the entity attribute?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

You can set input value for action which is running by these buttons:

And then in action recognize value using switch.

Hi Jakub,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I didn't adequately express my situation. I edited my initial post.

I have 3 Radio Buttons grouped inside a Web Block.

Then that Web Block is inserted in a Screen, in several places, next to a form.

I have gotten each of the Web Blocks (3 Radio button groups) to change according to the integer value associated with the Entity attribute represented in the form.

I need the user to be able to change the Entity attribute by way of selecting one of the three Radio Buttons that are grouped inside of the applicable Web Block.

How can I get the selection of one of the Radio buttons to be saved to the Entity attribute?

Thanks,

Hi Glenn,

One solution is:

• In Web block create screen action that will notify parent with the value that was selected in the radio buttons of that webblock
  • Assign that screen action to the onchange property of the radio buttons
  • In the Web screen add different onnotify action for each web block that will read the notify message and do something appropriately: in your case change some entity attribute with the value that comes from the notfity message.

Check the attach oml for a partial solution to what you want.

Cheers,

José

Hello José,

Thank you very much for the advise and the example.

I have modified the example to represent what I am trying to do. It is attached.

I am able to get the record value to select the correct button.

Upon changing the button the value is recognized and the notice shows the correct value.

Unfortunately, upon choosing a button, the record "Button" value in the form goes to zero.

How do I get the button selection to change the "Button" record in the form to the correct value?

Thanks,

Glenn

Solution

Hi Glenn,

You have to call the NotifyGetMessage before assigning the value to the variable.

Check the oml.

Cheers,

José

Solution

Hello José,

Thank you very much. Now that I see it, it makes sense. 

I still have so much to learn.

Your assistance in this endeavor is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn