How to integrate output of sql result from outsystems to constant conatct

How to integrate output of sql result from outsystems to constant conatct

Hi Friends,

Now  using sql i'am joining the required fileds data  from different entity and exporting those records and importing the exported records into constant contact instead of that i need to integrate output of sql from outsystem to constant conatct.How to do this integration.Can Any one provide solution for it

Thanks

R.karthik

Hello R., I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but if you need to customize the return structure of the sql object just create a structure in the Data tab and put this structure as output from the object...

Alexandre Costa wrote:

Hello R., I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but if you need to customize the return structure of the sql object just create a structure in the Data tab and put this structure as output from the object...

Hi Alexandre,

How to integrate output of these reords to constant contact using REST API

Hi R if possible provide a .oml sample with the idea of what you need. That way I can help you more effectively.

hi all,

When i try to get data using api get method the following error throws.Can any one knows the reason

Hi Karthik,

What REST API are you consuming? I'm sorry, but you are being very, very unclear. If you want our help, you have to be more specific. Please specify what you are trying to do, and what you are running in against (if it's more than a "no authentication present", which means you aren't calling the REST service in the right way, but that's not an OutSystems Platform problem). Also "constant contact" is not a thing, what do you mean??

Hello Karthik as Kilian said we need more information to help you, but as you can see in the error message, this API need a key to access it, but how you will pass this key you need to provide more information about API.

I think kirthink is trying to access the "Constant Contact" service API's https://developer.constantcontact.com/

John Williams wrote:

I think kirthink is trying to access the "Constant Contact" service API's https://developer.constantcontact.com/

Hi John,

Yes  I need to field map output of SQL from outsystem to constant contact .I have done the steps that is mentioned in the link sent by you already.

What we do is that right now we are exporting records from outsystem and importing back into constant contact instead of that we need to do that process automatically ie integrating outsystem with constant contact

In logic tab of outsystem I right click rest service and selected consume rest API a window open then I gave the URL of constant contact and when I click test a error throws saying no authentication

Unfortunately I don't have time to go through their API at the moment but as they use oAuth2 for authentication I suggest that you have a look at some of the other forge components that use oAuth for authentication for examples. Do a search in the forge for oauth should come up with a few.

https://developer.constantcontact.com/docs/authentication/authentication.html

Hi Karthik,

You really need to dive into the specifications of Constant Contact's API. OutSystems can connect to a REST service at a technical level, but what you need to supply on a functional level is something you'll have to figure out for yourself. The page that John linked shows that OAuth2 isn't necessary, so you'll just need a valid access token.

@John: Good find! :)

Hi Kilian,

i tried adding access token its working and what i  need is that to field map output of sql  from outsystem to fields of constant contact.Inorder to fetch data from outsystem to constant contact how to use put or post method in api to field map both platform ie outsystem and constant contact.

Thanks

R.karthik

Hi Karthik,

What exactly are you looking for? When consuming the REST API from Constant Contact, OutSystems creates Structures for you that you can fill before calling (for input data) and/or use after calling (for output data). These are normal OutSystems Structures, so you can assign the Attributes, Assign them from or to other Stuctures or output of Aggregates with Assignment mapping, etc. All basic stuff.