Has anyone integrated with Cayenta's CIS? 

Has anyone integrated with Cayenta's CIS? 

Good Evening,

I have a customer who is looking to leverage OutSystems but they require an integration with Cayenta's CIS tool. Does anyone have experience in integrating with Cayenta? If you do have experience, which method did you use? (i.e. REST, WebServices, etc.?

Thanks,

Jason

Hi Jason,

According to their website, they have an API ("industry standard", nonetheless), but I can't find any documentation. Does your customer have this documentation?

In general, if the API has REST, go for REST. It is generaly the easiest way to integrate. SOAP is typically a nightmare (OutSystems only supports a subset of the typical standards, so you often have to revert to Extensions). I can't think of an "etc." :).

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Jason,

According to their website, they have an API ("industry standard", nonetheless), but I can't find any documentation. Does your customer have this documentation?

In general, if the API has REST, go for REST. It is generaly the easiest way to integrate. SOAP is typically a nightmare (OutSystems only supports a subset of the typical standards, so you often have to revert to Extensions). I can't think of an "etc." :).

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your response, much appreciated.  I've asked my customer if they had any additional information from Cayente and they are waiting on them to respond.

There is very little information online about integrating with their products (not a good sign). I did, however, reach out to their Support group with the hope that someone will answer that question.

I agree with you that if the API's are "Industry Standard" then we should be able to integrate with their products.

Hopefully I will find out more today.

Thanks again,

Jason

Hi Jason,

Let's await their answer, I'm curious what they come up with. Hopefully it's something you can use!