Detecting whenever new record is inserted

Detecting whenever new record is inserted

How to create an action to detect whenever a new record is created in an entity?

Hi Ananth,

The only way to do that is to expose process events on the Entity, and detect the event by using BPT (or Light BPT).

But if you've never used BPT, I'd advise you to not go that route, as it'll open a whole wormcan of possible issues (BPT is best left to those with an advanced understanding of the OutSystems Platform).

Hi Ananth,

If your records are only updated by Entity Actions(create, createorupdate, etc) then another solution is to create Actions to wrap the Entity Actions. Then, in your Actions you can log whatever you want.

By the way, this is a best practice thing.

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Well, it's best practice to create wrappers, not necesarily logging them :).

Hi Killian,

Yup. You are absolutely right. I should have been more explicit on what is the best practice. :)

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Ananth,

If your records are only updated by Entity Actions(create, createorupdate, etc) then another solution is to create Actions to wrap the Entity Actions. Then, in your Actions you can log whatever you want.

Cheers,

José

Please explain how to wrap the entity actions!!!

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ananth,

The only way to do that is to expose process events on the Entity, and detect the event by using BPT (or Light BPT).

But if you've never used BPT, I'd advise you to not go that route, as it'll open a whole wormcan of possible issues (BPT is best left to those with an advanced understanding of the OutSystems Platform).

Hi Kilian,

I have tried it. The task box is always displayed at bottom right. I want to customise like where it should be displayed. Is it possible???

Hi Ananth,

Like this:

Cheers,

José

Hi Ananth

The task box has little to do with your initial question. It's for Human Activities. Of course you can start Human Activities after creating the entity, but I'd strongly advise you to take the online BPT course before trying that.

As for the Task Box, it's always displayed in the bottom right, there's no way to change that.