Editing the default delete (or bypassing it) in an editable table

Editing the default delete (or bypassing it) in an editable table

Hi there, 

I have an editable table and I would like to assign my own "On Row Delete" action. However, it seems that the default delete is still being executed in the background. I think this is why I am getting the following error: 

Any pointers? 

Kind regards, 

Cole 

Solution

Hi Cole,

Not sure of what you are doing but looking at you error message I would say that you are using the ListRemove in a row of the EditableTable. If that is the case continue reading...

In a EditableTable you do not need the ListRemove. Even if the Action that you use is empty it will still remove the row from the list. What the Action usually does is to delete the record in the database. The rest (removing row/refreshing table) is done automatically.

Having said that I do not know why it gives that error...

And... If the above information does not help you... what are you trying to achieve?

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Cole,

Not sure of what you are doing but looking at you error message I would say that you are using the ListRemove in a row of the EditableTable. If that is the case continue reading...

In a EditableTable you do not need the ListRemove. Even if the Action that you use is empty it will still remove the row from the list. What the Action usually does is to delete the record in the database. The rest (removing row/refreshing table) is done automatically.

Having said that I do not know why it gives that error...

And... If the above information does not help you... what are you trying to achieve?

Cheers,

José

Hi José

Wow, good call on the problem. You were right, I was doing a ListRemove and that was causing the problem. :)

Thanks so much!

Cheers, 

Cole