[Test Framework] UTF - BDD test results are not retrieved

[Test Framework] UTF - BDD test results are not retrieved

Forge Component
(16)
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap
16 votes
Published on 26 Mar by Indigo Leap

As shown below my bdd tests have been retrieved and executed. Though I don't get any results..

When I call the tests/pages individually, they work just fine.

Any idea why this is not working?

Additional details: 

- I'm testing on a temp/free environment

- the message "OutSystems LifeTime API not configured." is also still shown

- I do run the latest version

I'm also having similar issues regarding loading BDD or UTF Unittests. Only my problem is that even the test steps aren't being shown. In my case all tests fail as well where they should succeed.

@Frank Grooten: the message "OutSystems LifeTime API not configured." should disappear when you configure the LifeTimeAPI REST url in the eSpace TestFramework_LT_lib with the following value: https://<YOUR LIFETIME ENVIRONMENT>/lifetimeapi/rest/v1 

Remember that you should also create a service account via LifeTime User Management and generate a token. Copy this token to the effective value of the LifeTimeToken site property in the same TestFramework_LT_lib eSpace.

Nordin Ahdi wrote:

I'm also having similar issues regarding loading BDD or UTF Unittests. Only my problem is that even the test steps aren't being shown. In my case all tests fail as well where they should succeed.

@Frank Grooten: the message "OutSystems LifeTime API not configured." should disappear when you configure the LifeTimeAPI REST url in the eSpace TestFramework_LT_lib with the following value: https://<YOUR LIFETIME ENVIRONMENT>/lifetimeapi/rest/v1 

Remember that you should also create a service account via LifeTime User Management and generate a token. Copy this token to the effective value of the LifeTimeToken site property in the same TestFramework_LT_lib eSpace.

Thanks for your response Nordin,

I  thought the system would retrieve it's URL/domain automatically and there is no need to hard code the URL in there. Is there no other way? Because then I'm actually changing the model and I want to be able to get updates in the future without conflicts.

Secondly I can't create any users via lifetime in the free environment. So conclusion is that fully testing the framework in a free environment doesn't work.

Final question: is the lifetime API related to the initial issue I reported or should that still function correctly?

Cheers,

Frank

Your welcome Frank,

I thought so too and it should. However, the only way I've got it working is by hard coding the REST API URL. Hopefully one of the developers could clarify this topic.

That's a good point. I overlooked the fact that you are using a free environment.

As far as I know, the issue has nothing to do with configuring the LifeTime API. Loading the BDD and UTF tests into the framework uses logic from the TestFramework_Probe (which exposes a REST API) and Outdoc applications. The REST methods are being consumed via the TestFramework_Probe_lib eSpace. This part I've also configured hard coded to get it working.