Schedule Notifications

Schedule Notifications

Hi all,

I created a notification form, saved the inputs to a db, scheduled a notification by assigning the db values to the variables (title, text, at) .

the inputs were saved correctly but my notification did not appear.

appreciate if anyone could help, thanks!

Hi yh,

What kind of notification are you talking about? What are using for this?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi yh,

What kind of notification are you talking about? What are using for this?

Hi Kilian,

I am trying to create a reminder app, where the user receives an app notification for each reminder created. hope this clarifies, thanks!

Hi yh,

More questions:

1. So this is a Mobile App?
  2. Where do you create the notifications, in a Web App (server side) or on the Mobile App?
  3. What do you use for displaying the notifications on the mobile device?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi yh,

More questions:

1. So this is a Mobile App?
  2. Where do you create the notifications, in a Web App (server side) or on the Mobile App?
  3. What do you use for displaying the notifications on the mobile device?

Hi Kilian,

Yes, it's a Mobile App.
The notifications are also created within the Mobile App.
I'm using the 'Local Notifications Plugin' here, please let me know if i should bring this post over to the plugin's ongoing discussions instead.

Hi yh,

You posted in the general forum, so I had no idea what plugin you were referring to, hence my questions. In general, it's better to post in the component's sub forum, yes. However, I'm not sure this is directly related to the component. You say you save things in the database, but what is the interface with the component? Surely not the database?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi yh,

You posted in the general forum, so I had no idea what plugin you were referring to, hence my questions. In general, it's better to post in the component's sub forum, yes. However, I'm not sure this is directly related to the component. You say you save things in the database, but what is the interface with the component? Surely not the database?

Hi Kilian,

my bad, the db i was referring to is the default db in the service studio

Hi yh,

Still my question remains: what do you do to interface with the Local Notifications component? Can you share an eSpace that makes things clear?

Solution

Hi Yh,

Please take a look into the following post:

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20830/how-to-schedule-a-local-notification/

Maybe it can help you achieving your goal.

Solution