How to read the total contacts From mobile

How to read the total contacts From mobile

Hi All,

I want to read the total mobile contacts and save them in structure and then i want to find whether the same mobile number is present in my database or not if its present i want to display the name of the contact saved in my database, I already tried with contacts plugin but i am not able to resolve the issue ,or is there any forge component for this desired functionality. can anyone help me out from this issue.

Regards,

koushik

Hi Koushik,

What was the issue that you couldn't resolve with the Contacts plugin?

Could you send your .oml where you tried to use the Contacts plugin.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Koushik,

What was the issue that you couldn't resolve with the Contacts plugin?

Could you send your .oml where you tried to use the Contacts plugin.

Regards,

Danie

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your reply, I am using pick contact client action which is in contact plugin its returning single contact (on selected contact) but i want to read the total contacts which are present in mobile and then i want to check whether the mobile number is present in my entity if its present i want to display the contact list which are present in my entity, I also attaching my oml file. so how to resolve this problem.

Regards,

koushik  

Solution

Hi Koushik,

• First of all you needed to use the FindContacts instead of the PickContact action from the plugin.
  • Second it is common practise to check if a plugin is available prior to reuse.
  • Third it is common practise to name your entitise singular, so that OutSystems automatically can derive proper plurar names.
  • Fourth I could not make sence from your logic to check in the server action form matching friends and then in the client action store these results back in the same entity where you retrieved them from. So i assumed you wanted to store them in the local entity friends that was defined but not used.
  • I changed your logic accordingly, but could not test due to a reference to a Friends module that I didn't get.

Hope this helps, attached the updated .oml. Make sure to have a copy of your current version to fall back to if your not happy with my changes.

Regards,

Daniel

Solution

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Koushik,

• First of all you needed to use the FindContacts instead of the PickContact action from the plugin.
  • Second it is common practise to check if a plugin is available prior to reuse.
  • Third it is common practise to name your entitise singular, so that OutSystems automatically can derive proper plurar names.
  • Fourth I could not make sence from your logic to check in the server action form matching friends and then in the client action store these results back in the same entity where you retrieved them from. So i assumed you wanted to store them in the local entity friends that was defined but not used.
  • I changed your logic accordingly, but could not test due to a reference to a Friends module that I didn't get.

Hope this helps, attached the updated .oml. Make sure to have a copy of your current version to fall back to if your not happy with my changes.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your support, its working.

Regards,

Koushik.