[Custom Input Masks] Percentage with 3 decimals is set to 100%

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 22 Apr by Marcelo Ferreira
31 votes
Published on 22 Apr by Marcelo Ferreira

Hi,

When I use the percentage mask with 3 digits (12,345 comma as decimal separator), after pressing the submit button, the value changes to 100%. When I use 4 or more digets (12,3456), it doesn't chage. How can I solve this problem?

BTW, useing more than 2 digets was only posible after adding "digits: decimalDigits" to the javascriptscript of "MaskPercentage".

Raymond

Hello Raymond, 

i'm facing the same issue here. Did you solve it?

Cheers,

Guilherme

Hi Guilherme,

Sorry, no solution yet. It was for a small application (5 users) and small budget. Therefore I was asked to let it rest and work on other issues.

Raymond

Hi Guilherme,

I can add a version where is possible to have more than 2 decimal digits on percentage mask but you will have to use "." as the decimal separator. As Raymond said when you use comma the component has a problem that I still couldn't find the solution.

Is that enough for you? 

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi Marcelo and Raymond, 

i developed this workaround that is working so far. In javascript of MaskPercentage webblock added these lines.

if($(elementID).val() < 100)
        $(elementID).val(parseFloat(Math.round($(elementID).val() * 100) / 100).toFixed(decimalDigits));

In attach you can find the complete javascript extracted from Custom Masks last version with these lines already.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

Guilherme