Built it (Web) now how do i get it on the web

Built it (Web) now how do i get it on the web

Hello all-

First off I am a total noob when it comes to outsystems web. I'm self-taught and know nothing of java, soap and rest. I have just completed my first web project and it works fine when I publish it.  How do I get it to work in the real world?  What URL should I use?  Is there anything special I need to do?

Thanks

Andy

Andrew Finkelstein wrote:

Hello all-

First off I am a total noob when it comes to outsystems web. I'm self-taught and know nothing of java, soap and rest. I have just completed my first web project and it works fine when I publish it.  How do I get it to work in the real world?  What URL should I use?  Is there anything special I need to do?

Thanks

Andy

Not sure exactly what you mean here, but if you're using a personal environment, the URL that you publish to is "the real world".

You can create your own URL that points to your personal environment, but without paying for an enterprise plan that is where OutSystems projects live. OutSystems is a "Platform as a Service" so if you are paying for the platform you can decide where it resides, but if you're using a personal environment it will stay hosted in their OutSystemsCloud

Jordan Welch wrote:

Andrew Finkelstein wrote:

Hello all-

Thanks

Andy

Not sure exactly what you mean here, but if you're using a personal environment, the URL that you publish to is "the real world".

You can create your own URL that points to your personal environment, but without paying for an enterprise plan that is where OutSystems projects live. OutSystems is a "Platform as a Service" so if you are paying for the platform you can decide where it resides, but if you're using a personal environment it will stay hosted in their OutSystemsCloud

I'm using the enterprise environment.  I have a few users that I would like to beta test the site.  I just don't know where to send them

So if you have an enterprise environment then you probably have multiple environments, A Dev Test and Prod (or something like this)

What would be best here is use Lifetime to promote your application from the dev environment where you were working on it to your test environment. They can test it there. 

As for what the URL of these different spaces are, they are different depending on the implementation so you'd have to check your OS account.

Jordan Welch wrote:

So if you have an enterprise environment then you probably have multiple environments, A Dev Test and Prod (or something like this)

What would be best here is use Lifetime to promote your application from the dev environment where you were working on it to your test environment. They can test it there. 

As for what the URL of these different spaces are, they are different depending on the implementation so you'd have to check your OS account.

Thanks