[Time Zone] Can I convert from the time zone of outsystems to the IANA timezone

[Time Zone] Can I convert from the time zone of outsystems to the IANA timezone

Forge Component
(8)
Published on 24 May by André Vieira
8 votes
Published on 24 May by André Vieira

I know that we can converted IANA timezone (eg America/New_york) to outsystems timezone (eg Eastern Standard Time) using GetIANATimeZone Server Action.
Can I convert from the timezone of outsystems (eg Eastern Standard Time) to the IANA timezone (eg America/New_york)?

regards,

Hiroyuki

Hi Hiroyuki,

The purpose of the extension is to be able to have date and time operations with timezones. The GetIANATimeZone method is used to convert from IANA to the underlying .NET timezone so that the operations are applied. I didn't see a purpose in creating the reverse method, i.e. GetTimezonInIANA to return the string of the timezone in IANA format. But you can always change the code of the component to implement that use case.

Cheers

Hi, André,

Thank you immediately answer.

I assume a use case to send the time zone ID to Java via out REST from outsystems.

I would like to convert outsystems' time zone (eg Eastern Standard Time) to IANA format (eg America / New_york) and send it when delivering to the REST service created in Java.

Because I think Java can not interpret the time zone ID unless it is in IANA format.

If the GetTimezonInIANA action is implemented, I am very happy.

regards,

Hiroyuki

Solution

Got it.

Published a new version with a new method in the extension for this: ConvertTimeZoneToIANA

Cheers

Solution

Thank you for responding.

ConvertTimeZoneToIANA is just what I wanted.

I'm really thankful to you.

regards,

Hiroyuki