How to set Path

How to set a path for the file system component from  forge. My requirement is to store a downloaded image from a web screen and store in a directory created using file system and set the path to save it and to upload it automatically by setting a path through file system to another web screen.

Hi Sriharan,

I can see that you are working on your personal environment. This is a cloud environment where you don't have control over the filesystem.

If you want to build this functionality, you should try out a different approach where you store your file via an API into for instance AWS S3 storage or Dropbox.

Other approach would be to get an on-premise environment where you have control over the filesystem.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

The normal way to store images in Outsystems (that you want to upload)

is to create a database entry where you store the bytes of the image. (Binary data)

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Images/Display_an_Image 

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Sriharan,

I can see that you are working on your personal environment. This is a cloud environment where you don't have control over the filesystem.

If you want to build this functionality, you should try out a different approach where you store your file via an API into for instance AWS S3 storage or Dropbox.

Other approach would be to get an on-premise environment where you have control over the filesystem.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Can you let me know Then For what purpose this file systeem can be used?

The File System component can be used in On Premise environments where you have control over the file system.

Hi Sriharan,

Remembe that a Web App mostly* runs server side, and that the code you write in OutSytems is executed server side. So the code sees the file system of the server. In cloud environments, naturally your app doesn't have access to the local file system, as that would mean a major security problem.

*Save for client-side JavaScript.