hi all,

I am new to mobile development. My issue is that on a screen I want to display sms, also they will only be in read only format for that particular id to be fetched from database.If you guys can help me please help me on this as sms for a particular id can be one or more and i want to display all the sms. How to do that?

Hi Peeyush,

Did you check out the SMS plugin in the Forge?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Peeyush,

Did you check out the SMS plugin in the Forge?

Hi Kilian,

Thank you for the reply.I cant implement it.Can you help me on this.On the mobile screen the list of sms should appear related to the user who logged in.So all I need is sms being displayed.Please look at the attachement where i am stuck.

Thanks


Hi Peeyush,

First, SMSes are received by the phone, and tied to the phone number, they are totally independent of users logged in to an app!

Secondly, you say "you can't implement it". Can you explain what you're running in against? What exactly can't you implement? What have you already tried?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Peeyush,

First, SMSes are received by the phone, and tied to the phone number, they are totally independent of users logged in to an app!

Secondly, you say "you can't implement it". Can you explain what you're running in against? What exactly can't you implement? What have you already tried?

Fairly said but In my case Kilian, the screen in which sms will be present will be prefilled so all i need is a list group type sms plugin where we can display the data we have but also keeping in mind there can be one or more than one sms.


Solution

Hi Peeyush,

So if I understand correctly, you don't need to interact with the SMSes on the phone, but just need a conversational display of data? Are you developing a Web App or a Mobile App?

In both cases, SilkUI might give you the answer. Check the ChatMessage Widget for Mobile and the In-App Chat for Web.

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Peeyush,

So if I understand correctly, you don't need to interact with the SMSes on the phone, but just need a conversational display of data? Are you developing a Web App or a Mobile App?

In both cases, SilkUI might give you the answer. Check the ChatMessage Widget for Mobile and the In-App Chat for Web.

I am developing a mobile app and i think chat message will do it for now.Thank you for your time in solving the issue.


Hi Peeyush,

Great I could be of help. Happy coding!