[Pushwoosh Plugin] One of the Android Device cannot receive push notification

[Pushwoosh Plugin] One of the Android Device cannot receive push notification

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems R&D
10 votes
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems R&D

Hi, 

My pushwoosh was working fine all of the time but suddenly now there is 1 android device do not receive push notification but the rest of user still receiving. We have checked the configuration for device, it seems to allow notifications even on the apps level. Can you please let us know what could be the possibility issues?

Thanks.

Regards,

Ferry

Hello, Ferry,

Do you have any additional details of that particular device that would make it stand out from the others? Such as Android version or root status?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Not only what Carlos suggested, but have you tried to enable the debug mode on the Pushwoosh Console and see what the report says?

Hi,

My plugin was working perfectly too. But now the "SendPushNotificationToDevice" no longer works. I tried to fix it like they say in the link:
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21120/sending-push-notifications-success-but-not-receiving-any/#Post87287
But it still doesn't work.

Mario Villagra wrote:

Hi,

My plugin was working perfectly too. But now the "SendPushNotificationToDevice" no longer works. I tried to fix it like they say in the link:
https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/21120/sending-push-notifications-success-but-not-receiving-any/#Post87287
But it still doesn't work.

Hello Mario
I am also with the same problem, I am not able to send from the "SendPushNotificationToDevice" even changing the SERVER KEY of the Firebase as mentioned in the link

Hello Mario and Emmanuel,

Attached you can find a working example of an app receiving notifications and a web app to send them. You just need to fill your credentials (Firebase and Pushwoosh). If you're not able to receive with these two modules, then the problem is with the credentials. Otherwise, we'll take a closer look.

My advice, as suggested before, is to enable the debug mode on the Pushwoosh Control Panel and see the delivery report. Usually, you can find there the reason why a specific device (or set of devices) didn't receive the notification.

With these two pieces of information, you should be able to provide more details in the case you need further help.

Just let us know the outcome, we're here to help.

Cheers,

Armando

Armando Gomes wrote:

Hello Mario and Emmanuel,

Attached you can find a working example of an app receiving notifications and a web app to send them. You just need to fill your credentials (Firebase and Pushwoosh). If you're not able to receive with these two modules, then the problem is with the credentials. Otherwise, we'll take a closer look.

My advice, as suggested before, is to enable the debug mode on the Pushwoosh Control Panel and see the delivery report. Usually, you can find there the reason why a specific device (or set of devices) didn't receive the notification.

With these two pieces of information, you should be able to provide more details in the case you need further help.

Just let us know the outcome, we're here to help.

Cheers,

Armando

Thank you Armando for the quick response and example.
I was reviewing the methods and realized that the necessary parameter is the "deviceId", as opposed to the "SendPushNotificationtoDevices", which requires pushTokens. For some reason it was changed. Fixed that and it worked!