[Twilio Video Mobile] [Twilio] - Failed to connect

[Twilio Video Mobile] [Twilio] - Failed to connect

  
Forge Component
(4)
Published on 27 Aug by Hugo 
4 votes
Published on 27 Aug by Hugo 

Hi,


i'm trying use Twilio, but the videocaller return Failed to conect.


I don't know if the key's are correct.


AccountSID: 


API KEY: 





APISecret:


UserIdentification=  GetUserId()

RoomName = "Twilio: -127".



And the method is:


The screen show the error:



Thanks.


Alberto De Vargas wrote:

Hi,


i'm trying use Twilio, but the videocaller return Failed to conect.


I don't know if the key's are correct.


AccountSID: 


API KEY: 





APISecret:


UserIdentification=  GetUserId()

RoomName = "Twilio: -127".



And the method is:


The screen show the error:



Thanks.


Hi Alberto,

So at first glance, the api key, secret and account sid seem correct.


This errors appears right after the plugin is launched or it's a few seconds after? I'm asking this because you need to have a different user connected to the same room (same room name different user identification) to establish a communication tunnel between them.


if this is not the case try to see if you have any rooms registered on your logs, if so the room is being opened on your twilio account and it's another issue.


Let's go about this step by step.


Thanks,

Hugo




Hugo wrote:

Alberto De Vargas wrote:

Hi,


i'm trying use Twilio, but the videocaller return Failed to conect.


I don't know if the key's are correct.


AccountSID: 


API KEY: 





APISecret:


UserIdentification=  GetUserId()

RoomName = "Twilio: -127".



And the method is:


The screen show the error:



Thanks.


Hi Alberto,

So at first glance, the api key, secret and account sid seem correct.


This errors appears right after the plugin is launched or it's a few seconds after? I'm asking this because you need to have a different user connected to the same room (same room name different user identification) to establish a communication tunnel between them.


if this is not the case try to see if you have any rooms registered on your logs, if so the room is being opened on your twilio account and it's another issue.


Let's go about this step by step.


Thanks,

Hugo




Hello Hugo,

Thank you very much for the reply.

When you enter the room it shows "status", but at the moment it returns to show the error that I comment.

To create the room I use the "CreateOrJoinRoom" method, and I connect from two different devices with different userId.

I attach captures.


Thanks.

Hugo,


Twilio send me a email:




Hi Alberto,

It seems that the video access token generated by the 'CreateOrJoin' action is incorrect.

Could you change the UserIdentification to something like 'user_' + GetUserId() and also change the room name to something along the lines 'room_127' to see if its a invalid character limitation.


Let me know when you try this, i'm also going to try and debug this.


Thanks,

Hugo Pires 

Hugo wrote:

Hi Alberto,

It seems that the video access token generated by the 'CreateOrJoin' action is incorrect.

Could you change the UserIdentification to something like 'user_' + GetUserId() and also change the room name to something along the lines 'room_127' to see if its a invalid character limitation.


Let me know when you try this, i'm also going to try and debug this.


Thanks,

Hugo Pires 

Hi Hugo,


I changed it:


But the error it the same.


Thank so much.


Solution

Hi,


The error is for the incorrect api-key. 


Now is Solved.


Thanks for all Hugo.

Solution

Hi Alberto,


Good to hear that everything is ok. Let me know if you run into any more problems.


Thanks,

Hugo