Simple pdf download example

Hello 

Is there a simple example using the Hml2PdfConverter. My setup of the extention is correct but it still guives me this error : The system cannot find the file specified?

In my Generate Pdf action :

Download action:

Hi Juanita

Have you tried debugging the action to see that the URL you are passing is a valid URL?

Regards,

CLSJ

By the way have you installed the necesary files? I think that is what is happening. Follow the steps at:

<yourenvironment>/HtmlToPdfConverter/Administration.aspx

Upload the executables and dlls and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

- CLSJ

a simple example would be using the "www.google.com" as url.

beware, the page needs to be session-less!

Carlos López Santibáñez Jácome wrote:

By the way have you installed the necesary files? I think that is what is happening. Follow the steps at:

<yourenvironment>/HtmlToPdfConverter/Administration.aspx

Upload the executables and dlls and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps!

- CLSJ

Done that I uploaded the binarie files and the test works its only when I add the action to my logic that it fails

Juanita can you give more details how you upload the binarie files in a Personal enviroment ?

TIA

Alberto Ferreira wrote:

Juanita can you give more details how you upload the binarie files in a Personal enviroment ?

TIA

Hi I did the following

You follow the instructions as given on the html2pdfconverter.

1. Download the converter plugin and run the project 

2. Download library for your operation system.

3. upload all docs from the bin folder and then tested if it can convert a url into a page.

Is there an error being logged in service center? Could you show us the error detail (Service Center > Monitoring > Error Detail) so we could help you identify the issue? Could you also show your complete logic flow please? 

Regards,
  - CLSJ

PD. You can find the simples of examples over at the HowToPDF screen on the plugin's application on the screen action 'GetPdf'.

Solution

Carlos López Santibáñez Jácome wrote:

Is there an error being logged in service center? Could you show us the error detail (Service Center > Monitoring > Error Detail) so we could help you identify the issue? Could you also show your complete logic flow please? 

Regards,
  - CLSJ

PD. You can find the simples of examples over at the HowToPDF screen on the plugin's application on the screen action 'GetPdf'.

Hello,

I had a look at my logic and It turns out i have been referencing the incorrect GeneratePDF action.I had 2 dependencies in my logic. The HtmltoPDFConverter was set up correctly with the binary files but i have been using the .xif file the whole tim which I did not set-up for know how to set-up/

Solution