Email

  

Just onlick of a button trying to send an email. But It is not working.




Solution

Hello Ajithkumar,

Recently I started to have problems to send mails using gmail (it worked in the past). Probably some change to how it works with third party clients.

I recommend you to use a different SMTP server (avoid using gmail).

If you really wants to use GMAIL, you can try to follow these instructions on how to setup the gmail account to allow you to use its SMTP server to send mails: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/free-smtp-server/#

In any case, the port is not correct, I think. It should be either 465 or 587

Cheers.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Ajithkumar,

Recently I started to have problems to send mails using gmail (it worked in the past). Probably some change to how it works with third party clients.

I recommend you to use a different SMTP server (avoid using gmail).

If you really wants to use GMAIL, you can try to follow these instructions on how to setup the gmail account to allow you to use its SMTP server to send mails: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/free-smtp-server/#

In any case, the port is not correct, I think. It should be either 465 or 587

Cheers.

Can I know is the basic widgets and flow in which I have done is correct or not??? And can u suggest any other SMTP server config details.


Yes Ajith, sending an e-mail with the Platform is as simple as using the e-mail Statement. Most problems stem from wrong configuration of the SMTP server.

Hi, like Kilian said, yes, it seems everything ok from the logic side.

Gmail is very trick to use as SMTP server (and a free account only allows for 100 mails per day, also).

Cheers.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, like Kilian said, yes, it seems everything ok from the logic side.

Gmail is very trick to use as SMTP server (and a free account only allows for 100 mails per day, also).

Cheers.


Thank You. But I want to just atleast do a simple hands on in this topic. So can u suggest any other server config.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, like Kilian said, yes, it seems everything ok from the logic side.

Gmail is very trick to use as SMTP server (and a free account only allows for 100 mails per day, also).

Cheers.


And I got this error in Monitoring tab of Service Center


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Yes Ajith, sending an e-mail with the Platform is as simple as using the e-mail Statement. Most problems stem from wrong configuration of the SMTP server.

Getting this error

Ajith,

Again, this is a problem with your configuration, not with OutSystems per se. You have likely configured the wrong server, the wrong port (like Eduardo already said) or are using the wrong username/password.

Hi Ajith,

I've tried many times, without success, to make gmail work with Outsystems. As Eduardo and Kilian have already explained, this is not Outsystems' fault, it's because of Gmail's trickiness as an SMTP server. In the end, I just gave up and used Hotmail instead.

Here's my configuration for Hotmail (I've just tested it, and it worked flawlessly):

Hello Ajith,

Like was said before, my recommendation is still the same... Avoid using gmail SMTP.
Two months ago I had a server working with gmail, and suddenly it simply stopped working.

I tried many things, nothing worked with gmail, I just gave up and started to use another SMTP server.

Cheers.