[Pushwoosh Plugin] When iOS users don't allow push notifications

[Pushwoosh Plugin] When iOS users don't allow push notifications

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems R&D
10 votes
Published on 27 Sep by OutSystems R&D

Is there any way to stop the RegisterDevice function from running if the user doesn't allow push notifications?
I'm using RegisterDevice in a login function and if an iOS user tries to login but doesn't allow push notifications, the app gets stuck at RegisterDevice.

I would say, on top of my head, that the popup to prompt for push notifications only appear on "request" for registering the device.

What you can do is to set a timeout in the end of the RegisterDevice action so it doesn't get stuck. This information was given by OutSystems support. I'll have to check my older emails for accuracy.

Let me know if this helps,

Cheers!

Armando Gomes wrote:

I would say, on top of my head, that the popup to prompt for push notifications only appear on "request" for registering the device.

What you can do is to set a timeout in the end of the RegisterDevice action so it doesn't get stuck. This information was given by OutSystems support. I'll have to check my older emails for accuracy.

Let me know if this helps,

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply,

do you know how I can set a timeout?

You can use plain JavaScript. SInce the registerDevice is an asynchronous function, the setTimeout was recommended.