Refreshing parents screen after popup screen is closed

Refreshing parents screen after popup screen is closed

Can we refresh the parent screen after closing the popup screen.

I have a list of values in popup screen, after selecting one of the values and closing the popup.. I want to display the value in the input field of the parent screen. In the screen action of parent screen, I can't give an ajax refresh of the parent screen.Is it possible?

Hi Ananth,

I recommend you review the Developing OutSystems Web Applications course, namely the lesson on Scaffolding and RichWidgets (4:42~6:52) and the follow up exercise.

You can assign a screen action to the Popup_Editor's OnNotify Destination. From your Popup screen, on the screen action that closes it, you need to also call the Popup_Editor_Notify (behaves similarly to the Notify action of Web Blocks)

Hope this helps

Ananth wrote:

Can we refresh the parent screen after closing the popup screen.

I have a list of values in popup screen, after selecting one of the values and closing the popup.. I want to display the value in the input field of the parent screen. In the screen action of parent screen, I can't give an ajax refresh of the parent screen.Is it possible?

Ananth, 

When you are closing the popup, before closing it notify the possible values using Popup_Editor_Notify action and retrive its value on OnNotify action which is bind on parent screen using NotifyGetMessage action. set the value and do ajax refresh. 

Sachin