Google Maps - Zoom issue

Google Maps - Zoom issue

Dear All, 

I'm trying to configure the Map web block from Google Maps with the centre lat, long and zoom. In the tool tip, the value for zoom is given as 0 for world view, which is what I want. There is no impact for this zoom value and I have to zoom out manually. 

Kindly let me know if any other configuration is needed to  get the world map.

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Hi Priya,

Did you try some other zoom values? Are these working, or doesn't any zoomvalue work? If others work, is it just zoom value 0 that doesn't work? Did you try e.g. a value of 1?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Priya,

Did you try some other zoom values? Are these working, or doesn't any zoomvalue work? If others work, is it just zoom value 0 that doesn't work? Did you try e.g. a value of 1?

Hi Kilian Hekhuis, 

Yes.. I tried many possible values between 0 and 21 and there is no change in the map for all the values. 

Thanks and Regards,

Priya 

Are you using Google Maps for mobile, or for web apps?

Hi Kilian Hekhuis, 

It is for web application. 

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Hi Priya,

I did a quick test (blank Screen with Web Block Map, lat = 52.370216, lon = 4.895168), and the zoom works just fine. However, zoom level 0 does indeed not show the entire world, but just an entire country. I don't know why that is (you may have to google to find out), but it's not a problem of the Maps component (as it passes the zoom value directly to Google Maps).

Taking into account information from google

The following list shows the approximate level of detail that you can see at each zoom level:

1: World

5: Earth / Continent

10: City

15: Streets

20: Buildings

Solution

Hi Hilian and Alberto, 

Thank you for the info. Actually the combination of the solutions worked. 

Lat and Long as  lat = 52.370216, lon = 4.895168 and zoom level as 2, gives a relatively complete picture. 

Thank you for the info.

Thanks andRegards,

Priya

Solution