[Multiple File Upload] Behavior of shortcut file upload in MultipleFileUpload

[Multiple File Upload] Behavior of shortcut file upload in MultipleFileUpload

Forge Component
(37)
Published on 19 Sep by Caio Santana Magalhães
37 votes
Published on 19 Sep by Caio Santana Magalhães

There is a difference in behavior when i use the [Drag and Drop] and [UploadButton] while uploading a shortcut file. While [Drag and Drop], the shortcut file is getting uploaded where as, when i use [UploadButton], i get the actual referred file by the shortcut is getting uploaded.

Ex. FileName : TestUpload.docx.

Below is the MultipleFileUpload component added in a web screen and ‘Add Files’ represent the standard [UploadButton] provided by component. Other button’s are added to on the web screen.

Using ‘Add Files’, a shortcut file named ‘TestUpload.docx - Shortcut’ is selected for upload.

But it uploads the actual referred file ‘TestUpload.docx’

When the same shortcut file was added using [Drag and Drop], it get uploaded.

Uploaded shortcut file is added below as second file item.

Is there a way i can make both the functionalities to work in the same way?

This is a good one... The drag and drop is a manual functionality that uses the filename that you dragged and dropped. The button is default Operating System behavior and it looks like there is some functionality that when you select a shortcut, it actually uploads the file related to it.

I'm not sure that there is a possibility to make them work in the same way, but if there is, it should be implemented in the drag/drop functionality, because you won't be able to change the default Operating System behavior.

If you are able to solve this issue, please share with us and we can implement it in the component.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

This is a good one... The drag and drop is a manual functionality that uses the filename that you dragged and dropped. The button is default Operating System behavior and it looks like there is some functionality that when you select a shortcut, it actually uploads the file related to it.

I'm not sure that there is a possibility to make them work in the same way, but if there is, it should be implemented in the drag/drop functionality, because you won't be able to change the default Operating System behavior.

If you are able to solve this issue, please share with us and we can implement it in the component.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thanks for the response Remco. Let me check out the possibilities to implement the {browse} button feature in Drag and Drop and get back to you if successful.