Assign an image based on entity value

Assign an image based on entity value

CAVEAT: I'm very much a NOOB (day 1 and 0 training) and trying to create a basic mobile prototype

I have list of card items with a 'status' value (text) that I would like to show as an image / icon on the left. I cant figure out how to assign an image based on a value. I suppose i could change my entity values to a contain the URL, but that seems a little wonky to me.

"inprogress" => show  inprogress.png

"pending" => show  pending.png

"completed" => show  completed.png

I'm sure it's very simple. Thanks for any suggestions

Bob Tierney wrote:

CAVEAT: I'm very much a NOOB (day 1 and 0 training) and trying to create a basic mobile prototype

Hi Bob.

Did you take a look in the online training? 

https://www.outsystems.com/learn/courses/12/developing-outsystems-mobile-apps/

In this training you will learn how to create a full mobile application. Including how to deal with images.
The best approach is to do the online training, instead of trying to discover by yourself how to do things :)

Cheers!

P.S. One way to accomplish what you want is to use IF's and according to the status show different Image widgets pointing to images in your image folder.

Bob Tierney wrote:

I have list of card items with a 'status' value (text) that I would like to show as an image / icon on the left. I cant figure out how to assign an image based on a value. I suppose i could change my entity values to a contain the URL, but that seems a little wonky to me.

"inprogress" => show  inprogress.png

"pending" => show  pending.png

"completed" => show  completed.png

I'm sure it's very simple. Thanks for any suggestions

Hi Bob, Wellcome to the world OutSystems ;)

The best way to learn OutSystems is by practicing. In online training you can see how to work with images. Basically it's like the Eduardo spoken, use IFs to show / hide the images according to their status.

Great learning for you ;)

Thanks Eduardo and Rodolfo - 

I will look at the courses for sure. I was just trying to get something out quickly.