How to delete a clone

How to delete a clone

Hi!

I need to delete some clones I created. How should I do

Can you please help?

I'm not sure what you are showing in your image, but if you published any clones you no longer need, you would delete them on the main page of your environment. Simply click on the application and then click Delete

Hi Jose,

Can you please explain in detail what you want to achieve.

Regards

-SK- 

Hi Jose,

I think you already had some modules and you cloned those modules to create new module. Now you want to delete these newly created clones.

By default these clones will go to your sandbox. First you need to go there and select it. 

You will see delete option there. If you don't see delete option, you need to contact Platform Management team because you don't have delete permissions.

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Solution

Like was said, cloned modules, if you moved them to an application, you can delete from the application's page. If you didn't move them, they are in the Independent modules (especial application).

And (if I remember well) you can always delete a module from Service center. Just go to Factory, Espaces, find the module, enter it and delete it.

Cheers

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Like was said, cloned modules, if you moved them to an application, you can delete from the application's page. If you didn't move them, they are in the Independent modules (especial application).

And (if I remember well) you can always delete a module from Service center. Just go to Factory, Espaces, find the module, enter it and delete it.

Cheers

Hi Eduardo,

But everybody first needs to check if they have access to Delete the modules or not. If they don't have rights to delete the module, they will not see Delete option in Factory also. 

Here role of Platform team is very important. Without their permissions, we (Development teams) can't do anything.

Cheers :):)

Thank you all.

I was able to solve with Eduardo Jauch information: "delete a module from Service center. Just go to Factory, Espaces, find the module, enter it and delete it."

Best regards
and special thanks to Eduardo

Hello Suraj,

If I remember well, both in Service Center as well as in Lifetime, to be able to clone and publish a module (create a new module), you need permissions that will allows you to delete it.

Not sure if it is possible to have access rights that allows the first but not the last...

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Suraj,

If I remember well, both in Service Center as well as in Lifetime, to be able to clone and publish a module (create a new module), you need permissions that will allows you to delete it.

Not sure if it is possible to have access rights that allows the first but not the last...

Cheers

Scenarios I have worked with different customers and current organization are below.

- I neither have permissions to create new Application nor delete it. Contact Platform team

- I have permissions to clone the module and publish it. Make changes to cloned module. No need to contact Platform team.

- Move cloned module to some application. Contact platform team.

- Delete cloned module. Contact platform team.

Suraj Borade wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Suraj,

Cheers

Scenarios I have worked with different customers and current organization are below.

- I neither have permissions to create new Application nor delete it. Contact Platform team

- I have permissions to clone the module and publish it. Make changes to cloned module. No need to contact Platform team.

In fact, if you move a clone to an application you don't have permissions, you will "lose" access to it. :)

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Suraj Borade wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Suraj,

Cheers

In fact, if you move a clone to an application you don't have permissions, you will "lose" access to it. :)

That's true :) lol