Loading screens

Loading screens

Hello community.

I'm having a problem with the service studio. While working with LAN network, my pages won't load as soon as I change them. I have to disconnect the cable and replug it in so it loads (immediately).

This problem doesn't happen with wireless connection nor with my home network, only with the company one. 

Do I have to add any exception?

Thanks in advance,

Miguel Prego.

checkout the firewall at your company.

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

What do I check for? What should I change if needed?

Hi Miguel,

Which environment is yours , On Premises or cloud ? There are many parameters which can cause this issue like slow network , connection between your app server & db , your own machine etc.

Please check it on some other machine as well to make sure that this isnt only your machine issue.

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

Hi Miguel,

Which environment is yours , On Premises or cloud ? There are many parameters which can cause this issue like slow network , connection between your app server & db , your own machine etc.

Please check it on some other machine as well to make sure that this isnt only your machine issue.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi PJ,

I'm using a cloud on this environment.
Slow network is not the issue for sure since I'm listening to live radio without any breaks (that transmission would break for sure).
Besides, the page loads as soon as I disconect the internet cable (and I don't have wi-fi to load it).
This problem happens in some other machines but not all of them.
Because of all this I assume the problem is some needed exception on my computer because the connection is fine as the machine is.

Thanks for the reply :)

Miguel Prego wrote:

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

seems there is some issue with accessing to URL's in your page which your company's LAN network is scanning. when you unplug, it bypasses the requests and page loads. You need to get all the outbound links from your page (it may be CSS/JS links). 

You can put them in your firewalls white list.

Again, this is an assumption you can try around as i am not sure of your exact cause. There may be several others. Debugging the entire page will help for sure.

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

Miguel Prego wrote:

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

seems there is some issue with accessing to URL's in your page which your company's LAN network is scanning. when you unplug, it bypasses the requests and page loads. You need to get all the outbound links from your page (it may be CSS/JS links). 

You can put them in your firewalls white list.

Again, this is an assumption you can try around as i am not sure of your exact cause. There may be several others. Debugging the entire page will help for sure.

Debasis, can you help me do that? Where can I find the "outbound links" that you're talking about?
I assumed I have to add something to the firewall whitelist but don't know what that should be.

Also, how to debug the page?

HI Miguel,

You can use chrome F12 developer mode and see under network tab that  how many requests are happening and which one is taking long time.

One more question, is this a problem from starting or started after adding any specific functionality?

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

HI Miguel,

You can use chrome F12 developer mode and see under network tab that  how many requests are happening and which one is taking long time.

One more question, is this a problem from starting or started after adding any specific functionality?

Regards

-PJ-

I know how to debug the page in chrome but my problem is in the service studio. Will the debug in chrome help?

This happens from the beggining. I just tried to create a new application, responsive, and when I open the "home page" that is automatically created, it won't load.

Thanks

This is weird , you can open a support ticket (support@outsystems.com)  with OS and they will help you resolving this problem as you mentioned that this problem is from starting .

Regards

-PJ-

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

This is weird , you can open a support ticket (support@outsystems.com)  with OS and they will help you resolving this problem as you mentioned that this problem is from starting .

Regards

-PJ-

Thanks for the help PJ. I will do that but still hope someone answers in here or post one myself.

Miguel Prego wrote:

PRAMOD JAIN wrote:

HI Miguel,

Regards

-PJ-

I know how to debug the page in chrome but my problem is in the service studio. Will the debug in chrome help?

This happens from the beggining. I just tried to create a new application, responsive, and when I open the "home page" that is automatically created, it won't load.

Thanks

yes,  the debug in chrome will also help u a lot. Since, you have developed a new application and it didnt worked at first instance, my recommendations will be to find out the links first to which your page is referring to. You can either monitor in network tab or try to debug your Screen UI in Service studio. That way you can trace out the exact URL's your page is using to load the scripts/widgets.