TAB pattern not working

TAB pattern not working

  

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,


Check the attach oml.


Fábio Vaz wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,


Check the attach oml.



Hi Fabio


Thanks, but is not working either ;-( see this url: 

https://crochetmiracles.outsystemscloud.com/Test/Home.aspx?_ts=636644014291205498

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hello,

After inspecting the browser console you can conclude that the Tabs pattern are not supported by London template once London template is not SilkUI Framework Template.


I have tried the same pattern in Liverpool and I was not able to reproduce the issue (oml in attach). 


Regards.

DO

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,


Check the attach oml.



Hi Fabio


Thanks, but is not working either ;-( see this url: 

https://crochetmiracles.outsystemscloud.com/Test/Home.aspx?_ts=636644014291205498

Hmm, you publish my version of espace? i upload another one with all working.

Try my OML file


https://fafvaz.outsystemscloud.com/test/Tabs.aspx

And very important update the WebPatterns to last version.

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,

in yours code i find a below JavaScript error.

Tabs.en.js?196:126 Uncaught ReferenceError: SilkUI is not defined
    at Tabs.en.js?196:126

to fixed above error plz use silkUI Theme in user code.


Thanks

Jitendra

Vonnelize,

If you want to use London Theme, i suggest you use the widget Tabs_ClientSide from RichWidgets.


Abilio Matos

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Fábio Vaz wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,


Check the attach oml.



Hi Fabio


Thanks, but is not working either ;-( see this url: 

https://crochetmiracles.outsystemscloud.com/Test/Home.aspx?_ts=636644014291205498

Hmm, you publish my version of espace? i upload another one with all working.

Try my OML file


https://fafvaz.outsystemscloud.com/test/Tabs.aspx

And very important update the WebPatterns to last version.


Hi Fabio, the link that I attached above is of your oml that you attached to this thread. I published your file and it is not working.

Abilio Matos wrote:

Vonnelize,

If you want to use London Theme, i suggest you use the widget Tabs_ClientSide from RichWidgets.


Abilio Matos


I dont have to use London. I tried Dublin, London and Liverpool ... none works.

Abilio Matos wrote:

Vonnelize,

If you want to use London Theme, i suggest you use the widget Tabs_ClientSide from RichWidgets.


Abilio Matos


Hi, what theme do you recommend?

Some more information on the TAB problem ...


This is what I did to generate the oml that I attached to the thread:

1. I created a new application (New Application)

2. I selected web app and clicked next.

3. I selected "Web Application"  (and at second and third attempts Dublin and Liverpool) and clicked next.

4. I added the app's basic info such as name and selected a color.

5. Then I selected responsive module and clicked on create module.

6. In the newly created module I opened the home screen and referenced Web Patterns.

7. I added the Tab pattern from Web patterns to the screen and published.


That is it. Nothing funny.  Any idea what I am missing?


Diogo Olival wrote:

Vonnelize Haupt wrote:

Hello,

I want to use a tab pattern on a simple screen and I have used it many times before, but suddenly I just cannot get it to work.

How do I get Tabs to work ... ? Please see the attached simple oml where I tried to use tabs but it is not working. What am I missing ... ?


I also tried liverpool, but that is not working either. 


Thanks

Hello,

After inspecting the browser console you can conclude that the Tabs pattern are not supported by London template once London template is not SilkUI Framework Template.


I have tried the same pattern in Liverpool and I was not able to reproduce the issue (oml in attach). 


Regards.

DO


Hi Diogo


Thank you for the answer.  I was surprised by your answer since I was referencing Silk UI and I could see that on my dependencies.  But event though your answer did not solve the problem, it lead me to the solution which  will post below.



Solution

Thank you to everybody who responded to my question. I finally managed to solve the problem. This is what I needed to do.


So, I realized that even though I was definitely referencing SIlk UI it was not included in the compile when I published.  That was because an action inside Silk UI (which I was not even using) was outdated. I removed the reference to that action, but that did not solve the problem. I updated Silk UI from within service studio but that did not solve the problem either.


In the end I had to download Silk UI from forge and publish the oap. That alone did not help, so I needed to also download Liverpook from Silk UI and publish that. I then updated all the dependencies on my app and it worked.

Solution

Jitendra Raghuvanshi wrote:

Hi Vonnelize Haupt,

in yours code i find a below JavaScript error.

Tabs.en.js?196:126 Uncaught ReferenceError: SilkUI is not defined
    at Tabs.en.js?196:126

to fixed above error plz use silkUI Theme in user code.


Thanks

Jitendra


Thank you for the response. I was referencing Silk UI but for some reason the platform did not notice that. This lead me to the downloading Silk Ui again, publish it, then publish the theme and that solved the problem.