[Google Maps Mobile] Offline Google Maps with outsystems Android mobile application

[Google Maps Mobile] Offline Google Maps with outsystems Android mobile application

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 24 May by Labs
9 votes
Published on 24 May by Labs

Hi,

I want to use offline Google Maps with Android mobile application but not sure how to do implements it. can any help ?

Hi Peeysush,

1. Install the forge component in your environment
  2. In your application make a dependency to the elements exposed by GoogleMapsMobile
  3. Insert the webblock in your application.
  4. Go to https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key and get a API key for your application
  5. Provide the API key on the call to the Google Maps web block that you use and ensure to set all other input parameters to the web block properly.

Regards,

Daniel

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi Peeysush,

1. Install the forge component in your environment
  2. In your application make a dependency to the elements exposed by GoogleMapsMobile
  3. Insert the webblock in your application.
  4. Go to https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/get-api-key and get a API key for your application
  5. Provide the API key on the call to the Google Maps web block that you use and ensure to set all other input parameters to the web block properly.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I had a quick question, according to your step he can able to integrate google map in mobile application but he want to know how to use google map offline. When we don't have internet connectivity.

Thanks,

Rajat Agrawal

Hi I am sorry that I overlooked "offline".

How would offline google maps mobile work? you would need to have the maps off line available. I don't know if this is possible. 

In cases where we used the google maps mobile forge component we disable the the block when user is offline.

Daniël Kuhlmann wrote:

Hi I am sorry that I overlooked "offline".

How would offline google maps mobile work? you would need to have the maps off line available. I don't know if this is possible. 

In cases where we used the google maps mobile forge component we disable the the block when user is offline.

Hi Daniel,

When we open google maps in an Android device it automatically loads the map which is visible on the screen and maybe keep it in the cache, and if you close the app -> go offline and open the google map again it will show you the same map which was loaded when you were online.

We also want same like this in one of our offline app where we can use google map and once we login into the app with the help of internet it should load the map which is at least visible on screen and then we can go offline with it.

Hi Nitish,

Ok why not try to mimic that behaviour, and safe the image when online to a local storage table, and then show it instead of google maps if your app is offline?

Regards,

Daniel