Complex calculations

Complex calculations

Hello,

I created a cable calculation program in Excel and I would like to make an App for cable calculations. Could someone please help me a little with how to make some basic calculations? And is it possible to do more complex calculations (sqrt. etc.)?

Kind regards,

Frans

Hi Frans,

What is a cable calculation? What kind of calculations are involved? As for "complex calculations", OutSystems has a few built-in math Functions:

Then there's the TrigFunctions Forge Component that has some trignometry functions like sine, cosine etc.

Welcome Frans,

Welcome to the OutSystems community. As I see you are a new member of the OutSystems community, I would advice you to visit the www.outsystems.com/learn site and follow some online training courses. This will give you the quickest path to OutSystems knowledge.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for your response. I added a picture of my excel file; cable calculations are for Engineering High Voltage Systems (Transformers, Switchboards etc.). You should make a calculation to make sure that the cables are thick enough for the electrical load applied.

What I would like to do is build this in an App so I can bring my iPad and do calculations where I want. How can I start with simple calculations? Is there a tutorial for that? Or do you have any idea how to start? 

Kind regards,

Frans

Solution

Hi Frans,

Calculations are made in Expressions, like this:

But this is very, very basic OutSystems, and is taught in the online courses, amongst many other stuff you'll need when you want to succesfully create an OutSystems app. So like Daniël said, it's quite important to first get down the basics, before thinking of creating an app.

Solution

Kilian and Daniël,

Thank you both for your support, I hope to generate some more complex questions in the future :-)

Frans

Hi Frans,

You're most welcome, we'll be awaiting any further assistance needed :).