Re: How to consume Salesforce.com Rest API without using Salesforce Connector

Re: How to consume Salesforce.com Rest API without using Salesforce Connector

Hi,

I created a free Salesforce developer account and would like to consume REST API to access the lead data without using Salesforce Connector. Could anyone please tell what the method URL could be in the following image?

I would very much appreciate if anyone can provide OML file which explains how to consume Salesforce.com REST API in Outsystems.

Thank you so much!

Best Regards,

Punya Swaroop Sirigiri

Hi Punya,

Why don't you want to use the SalesForce connector? And even if you don't want to use it, have you checked how the SalesForce connector works?

That said, do you have any idea how a REST API works, and how to check the documentation (in this case SalesForce documentation) how to consume a REST API?

Hi Kilian,

The Salesforce connector demo is only compatible with the Web app. I am facing difficulty integrating with the Mobile app. I would very much appreciate if you can send me a OML file where this integration worked well.

This is why I wanted to switch to traditional REST API consumption.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Punya Swaroop Sirigiri

Hi Punya,

Even if the SalesForce connector is set up as a Web App, there are various things you can do.

1) Rebuild from scratch: look at the SalesForce connector to see how it's done, and do it yourself.

2) Expose a REST API that calls the SalesForce connector Actions, and call that from your mobile app.

You say you had "difficulty integrating with the mobile app". What "difficulty" did you face? Wouldn't it be better to try to solve this?

Hi Kilian,

Honestly, I am just a beginner using Outsystems. The difficulty is around the different terminology in Web app and Mobile app. I could integrate the Web app with the Salesforce successfully as the Demo is made keeping Web app in mind. But, I could not integrate the Mobile app with the Salesforce connector as the terminology is totally different while developing Mobile app. Could you please send me a Demo sample for the Mobile app if you have, so that I can replicate the same for my use case?

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Punya Swaroop Sirigiri

Hi Punya,

I'm not sure I understand "the terminology is totally different while developing [a] Mobile App". What terminology are you referring to? What makes it difficult for you to integrate with mobile?

Please understand I don't have time to create example apps, I'm a busy person :).

Hi Kilian,

For example, there are no client actions in Web app unlike mobile app. Preparation is only available in Web app unlike Mobile app etc.,

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Punya Swaroop Sirigiri

Hi Punya,

That's not different terminology, that's different technology :). And if you have followed the online training of both Web and Mobile, they should pose no difficulty for you. Also, they have little to do with how to consume a REST service, so I'm still not sure what it is you are having difficulty with.