Upgrading from OS 8 to OS 10

Upgrading from OS 8 to OS 10

I am upgrading from OS vesrion 8 to 10. After the upgrade to 10 is complete, when we republish the solution it fails, saying we have to open each eSpace in service studio, update references, and publish. Is there any way around this? This process takes days.

Also, after completing this process and ensuring that all components and dependancies are up to date and have no out of date references, we still see the "This Solution has not been published since the last server upgrade. Please republish it to ensure its correct behavior" warning when viewing the solution.

Hello Dan,

Don't have experience upgrading from 8 to 10, but I would say that this is a situation for the support.
It is better to open a ticket if you didn't yet.

Cheers!

Hi Dan,

Let me inform you that you should avoid upgrading 8 to 10 directly, due to encryption updates performed in 9.0.1 version. Besides this please read carefully this information:

1. Be sure to read all the documents that might impact your upgrade. As an example, if you're upgrading from version 8 to 10, read the breaking changes for the versions 9, 9.1, and 10.

2. In version 9.0.1 the encryption algorithm that the OutSystems Platform uses to store the settings in the database was improved and applications in later versions of the OutSystems Platform are not able to read settings stored with the previous algorithm. To avoid downtime in Production environments, when upgrading OutSystems from a revision earlier than 9.0.1 you must do the following:
    1. Perform a full upgrade to the latest 9.0.1 revision;
    2. Validate the functionality of the applications running on OutSystems Platform 9.0.1;
    3. Perform a full upgrade to OutSystems 10.

For further information please read: https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Archive/10.0/OutSystems_Platform_side_effects_and_breaking_changes

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Ricardo O Marques