[Cropper Mobile] Pinching photo causes it to disappear

[Cropper Mobile] Pinching photo causes it to disappear

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2017-01-05 by Labs
3 votes
Published on 2017-01-05 by Labs

I got the PhotoCropper working on an Android app I'm developing. I want people to upload a photo but crop it to a square ratio first. It works like a charm.

The problem is if I "pinch" or "pull" the photo in any way (generally to shrink or expand it), the photo disappears and I can't get it back. It just "goes white" and isn't there anymore. I understand that PhotoCropper UI wasn't designed to let you shrink/expand the picture and that's fine, but if someone using my app is used to applications allowing people to do this, they're probably going to try it.. and it would be fine if this action just did nothing... but it doesn't. The image disappears. You then have to re-upload the image to get it back. Is this a known bug? 

Brian Lorraine wrote:

I got the PhotoCropper working on an Android app I'm developing. I want people to upload a photo but crop it to a square ratio first. It works like a charm.

The problem is if I "pinch" or "pull" the photo in any way (generally to shrink or expand it), the photo disappears and I can't get it back. It just "goes white" and isn't there anymore. I understand that PhotoCropper UI wasn't designed to let you shrink/expand the picture and that's fine, but if someone using my app is used to applications allowing people to do this, they're probably going to try it.. and it would be fine if this action just did nothing... but it doesn't. The image disappears. You then have to re-upload the image to get it back. Is this a known bug? 

Same issue here.  The image disappear if I use two finger to pinch on the screen. 

Please fix the bug. Ideally,  it would be able to zoom,  rotate and crop.